Meet the Student Accounts Team

Written by Mia Pollard.

Student Financial Services Representatives (SFSR) in the University Cashier’s Office manage complex student account issues and process student refunds. SFSRs are available to assist students with navigating their student account and understanding their charges and financial responsibilities. All students on campus interact with our office in some way and will likely interact with a Student Financial Services Representative during their time here at NC State. 

Melisha Hyman has been in the Cashier’s Office since 2004. Melisha started as a Cashier 2 in the cashier’s section, then moved to a Student Financial Services Representative in October, 2006, ultimately becoming the Student Accounts Supervisor in September, 2017. In her spare time, Melisha loves reading and watching crime TV. 

Chase Jernigan (SFSR) has been in the Cashier’s Office since February, 2023 and has enjoyed learning so much about the Finance Division. Chase is an NC State alumni (‘14) and loves being back on campus to assist our current students. Chase enjoys traveling with his wife, spending time with their three cats, watching sports (Go Canes!) and playing disc golf. Fun Fact: Chase was on the NC State Disc Golf team during his time here as a student, and he received the First Team All-American Honors! 

Julie Hudson (SFSR) joined the Cashier’s Office in July, 2023 after moving to North Carolina from Texas earlier this year. Julie is originally from Ohio, where she grew up on a horse farm. Julie loves to hike, ski and do anything outdoors, especially when her two adult children are involved. Fall and winter are Julie’s favorite seasons, and she is loving the North Carolina weather so far!  

I, Mia Pollard (SFSR), am the newest member of the Student Accounts Team, coming in at the end of July, 2023. I am a former special education teacher, so I am very happy to continue serving students in my position here in the Cashier’s Office. In my spare time, I enjoy LEGO, baking and spending time with my partner and our family. I’m very excited for my future here at NC State and I look forward to assisting more of our students!